· Must be a licensed with class "B" CDL license but a class "A" is preferred. And able to operate any of the vehicles at VGP and VMC, including rack and dump trucks, forklifts; etc.
· Must be able to load trucks properly for weight distribution and safe cartage of the materials (glass or other).
· Must know how to properly brace and secure cases of glass and other materials.
· Must have knowledge of how to perform pre & post trip vehicle inspections. Ex: fuel levels, oil, check tires.
· Must report truck equipment maintenance & repair needs to maintenance supervisor and plant management.
· Must be able to move glass cases to and from the loading bay.
· Can safely load and unload rack truck and or dump truck, OTR trucks and customer trucks, as needed.
· Ability to follow guidelines, specifications, standards & regulations, and accepted best practices to accomplish work
· Must be self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as a part of a team and be able to handle multiple tasks and manage priorities
· Must be adaptable to changes in equipment, assignments, procedures and methods, including transportation of materials to and from customer that will require overnight trips.
· General knowledge of DOT regulations.