• Measure each piece of glass to assure correct sizing, fabrication of holes and notches as noted on tickets and sketches.
• Inspect each piece of glass for defects based on company quality standards.
• Stage glass to be tempered, and load the conveyor to obtain the highest possible yield.
• Transfer order tickets/sketches in an organized manner to the unload section of the furnace.
• Monitor glass while tempering and make adjustments of oven and quench controls as needed to ensure quality.
• Perform and record temper break test.
• Accurately inspect each piece of glass for bow and record.
• Perform general maintenance and cleaning of tempering oven.
• After tempering, identify each piece of glass by measuring and inspect for defects based on company quality standards.
• Label each piece of glass and properly pack into cases or place skid to distribute to other departments for additional fabrication.
Mark the packing case tag/acknowledgement copy accurately to indicate the items packed and/or tempered on skids
• Coordinate with the packing supervisor case requirements, and when cases/orders are completed or incomplete.
• Assist the furnace operator in the monitoring of the glass being tempered, in addition to the maintenance/cleaning of the furnace.
• Maintain accurate production and reject reports required by management.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Ability to lift and handle 50 lb. items.
Average reading and writing ability.
Must be able to read standard ruler in 1/16” measurements.
Must be able to interpret basic glass fabrication drawings.
Basic computer skills